Sunday, April 10, 2011

Old People Driving

Okay, now I don't condone actual violence against old people, but sometimes you want the oldie to know they shouldn't be driving. Merging onto the highway one day, I assumed that it was going to be easy to use conventional methods like a turn signal, situational awareness, and a constant safe speed. However, I was nearly killed by an old lady ahead of me that slowed down to a crawling speed of 20 miles per hour. Fortunately, I was able to dodge her dilapidated Cadillac and live to write another day, but I can't say the same for the family of four on their way to grandma's house.

This sad tale is just one reason that people should remain cognizant of the elders in their families. Ask yourself, would I be a passenger in a car with great aunt Blanch driving? Would I allow my children to risk their lives in a moving missile? More to the point, I think it is safe to say that old drivers that hazard the roads we commute on fall into the category of: People that need a good beating!  

No comments:

Post a Comment